Megan is right yesterday at VBS was great. We had about the same number of kids as yesterday (close to 100 in the morning and about 50 in the afternoon). During the morning session, after Anna, Linda, and I were done with our parts, we walked to the supermarket to get cookies for the afternoon session and chocolate candy for the ladies evening meeting. The supermarket was facinating. So many different, unusual foods. It was very large and clean (like Publix). We found cans of smoked octopus mixed in with the tuna and salmon. Lots of deli meat that we had never seen before. But many familiar items as well. Anna got a bag of sour cream Lay's potato chips and a roll of mentos. She also would have stocked up on pretzels and other candies, but her mother was shopping with her (me) and put an end to the junk food round-up. We did get some candy called "Schoko-Bananen" which are supposed to be chocolate covered bannana candies. Megan and Anna tried them and said "Yuck", a little slimey apparently.
I think we made at least 100 balloon animals yesterday. Anna tied so many balloons that her fingers started bleeding. I think she should get some kind of award for that!
The schedule for Wednesday is:
9:00 a.m. meet at church for breakfast
10:00 a.m. leave for orphanage (will take two hours by bus to get there)
?? lunch at orphanage
3:00 p.m. (or so) leave for Resita
6:00 p.m. dinner at church
7:00 p.m. youth meeting (I think the non- youth ministry people on the trip are going to sort through the ministry suitcases and figure out what stays here and what goes home and get the suitcases repacked)
The weather: I just heard something outside and peeked out of the window. It's raining this morning. I'm not sure what that will do to or orphanage ministry plans- we had some outside games planned. I think it is supposed to be hot again.
The food: I have taken pictures of all the food we have eaten and will try to get some of them posted when we get home.
Breakfast: the people who ate at church had the usual yogurt, cereal, and bread, but this morning had sausage also.
Lunch: Chicken soup, cole slaw salad, sarmales (that's how you spell it, Megan), bananas and cherries. (Betty made everyone eat a banana for the Potassium it would give us- we're all a little dehydrated from working in the sun all day.)
Dinner: Cucumber salad, Fried chicken cutlets (yum), mashed potatoes, and crepes with chocolate/hazelnut spread on them (YUM).
What we learned:
-It is possible to injure yourself making balloon animals.
-Children's workers are fun. At the evening meeting, I showed the children's workers who were interested how to put together the puppet stage we are leaving for them and introduced them to the puppets we are giving them. I passed out the puppets to let them play with them and figure out how they worked. They started making them talk in funny voices and doing little skits with them. Everyone was laughing and having a great time.
How to pray:
- pray for our safe travel to the orphanage
- pray that we would be able to minister to them in an effective way despite the rain.
-pray for the youth worship service tonight. Will will be in charge, I think.
Pe curand (until later),
Sara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment