Well, we are all home now. The trip yesterday, for the most part, was uneventful. We thought we may have to leave Travis and Linda in D.C. and I had 2 tickets on the same plane, but other than that... It was much easier to leave Budapest than Romania. No tears there. In fact, I think I can safely say we were all ready to get on the plane and go home. Most of us were able to sit in the same row (poor flight attendants!), while Tom, Cindy and Betty sat in another row close together. I don't know about anyone else, but I had a good time sitting by Stacey and Kate(we were in the center row).
Let me tell you, if you have ever been out of the country and had to take that long plane ride, there is nothing like seeing that "Welcome to the USA" sign. I will not lie, it brought tears to my eyes!
The plane ride from Dulles to GSP was short but very bumpy. But again, very uneventful, which was nice. Once we got our bags (believe it or not they were actually already coming out when we got down to baggage claim) we said our goodbyes and headed for home.
This was my first mission trip and I loved it! We had a fantastic group and I met some great people that I would not have met otherwise. We laughed together, cried together, and most importantly, we served God together. I would not trade this experience for anything in the world, and can't wait to go back again. It is hard to believe that we were there this time last week. It all seems like a blur. I feel like I have known all the members for years. Some I have, like Stacey, Betty, Tom, Cindy, Sara, Anna and Travis, but some I just met. We all appreciate your prayers. Trust me, we all felt them. Thank you!
- Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment