Today we went to the center, or Foundation, which is right here in town. It is like a community center for low income children. Many of the children we had seen at VBS so they knew us and seemed to be excited to see us. We started with about 23 children, then the number kept growing. Stacey told the story of Jonah and Sarah did the puppet skit with Fifi the bunny. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. Then we made salvation bracelets with the kids and let them draw on t-shirts. Some of the kids were really good artists!
After the t-shirts, we played some games. I loved this part because some of the kids grabbed my hand and took me over to the group. They were so loving!! They had fun playing the games with the bean bags, although I will tell you that my team, again, did not win. I wonder, is it me?? hahaha
We spent about 2 hours there and then it was time to go. Pastor Mihut took us to see First Baptist, which is where Hope Baptist came from. What a beautiful church! It started out as a house and when it was purchased by First Baptist, they were given permission to add to it as long as the front looked like a house. The entire church was hand made! They had some of the most beautiful doors I have ever seen. We then went to see their very first church, which unfortunately is now a bar. That was disappointing.
Just a side note, for any of you that have been on trips here before and stayed in Hotel Seminic, they now have a Best Western! But the other hotel is still there too if you would like to stay and get a case of the bed bugs.
We walked a little more and saw a beautiful fountain, which was not turned on. The architecture here is amazing! We also went into a department store, which Libby said reminded her of JCPenney. None of us bought anything.
We headed back toward the church so that we could stop in a few more stores. Then it was time to change for church. Earlier in the morning, a few of us were asked to speak about our experience and what we had learned. Libby and Cindy talked for the Women's Ministry team, Kate for the Youth team, and Linda and me for the Children's Ministry team. Now I have to say that I was shocked Tom asked me because I figured they thought I would cut up when I was up there. Believe it or not, I can actually be serious when I need to be. I was really nervous, but prayed that God would give me the strength and the words I needed to say. Boy did He! I don't even remember what I said up there. The funny thing was, both Linda and I were dressed alike, and that was not planned!
This has been an amazing trip. We have learned to be flexible and inventive (thanks for that one Sara!), that no matter the language barrier, kids are kids, that if you let God lead, He WILL provide, and personally, that I take God for granted. These people love the Lord, and you can see and feel that. This was one of the most fantastic experiences I have ever had in my life. Thank you to everyone who prayed for all of us and gave us support, whether it be monitarily or spiritually. It is going to be hard to leave these wonderful people, although I miss my family very much!!
We are also sad because we are leaving one of our team members, Will. I had never met him before but I have to say he is an amazing guy and God is going to do awesome things through him. We have had a lot of fun with him, and hate to say goodbye. But as I told our translators, it is not goodbye but see you soon. Pray for Will while he is serving here for the next 6 months.
Tomorrow we are shopping and then heading off to Budapest. I was going to try to tell you where we were going, but I will leave that up to Sara, because I don't want to butcher the spelling!!
See you Sunday!!!!!!
- Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment