Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday at Lunch

Stacey and I are in the family's home now. I knew this was going to be a great experience when we got out of the car and the woman pointed up to her balcony which was filled with beautiful flowers in window boxes. Then we walked in the "flat" as she calls it and were trying to be sure and take our shoes off like we had been told to do. But she said no, not it my house. Keep your shoes on. She made us feel very comfortable. She wanted us to get on the internet to spend time doing that while she cooks. So, here we are. She and her husband are very gracious and hospitable. She has a daughter that is a pediatrician in Belfast and a son in Timisora. She had English books out on her sofa she moved when we came in. She has been brushing up on her English. It is very humbling. I still haven't even mastered "Thank you" in Romanian. My brain just won't wrap around that for some reason.

We observed in the children's department this morning. Travis and I were in with the older children, ages 11-15. They were very mature. Two of them are being baptized tonight and were giving testimonies. That was great to hear. I love when the leader asked certain ones to pray. I have no idea what they said, but I got the impression that they were not superficial prayers. I love when they all say Amen at the end.

We have now all gone in pairs to homes for a lunch that many of them have been preparing for days. From what we understand the food could have costs them a week's wages.

Thanks for your prayers. They are being answered.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment